In 2012 Rau Construction began work on a three phase 45,000-SFbuilding addition and renovation project for Brookside Day & Charter school. Completed in November 2013, this project added add 14 new classrooms, kitchen and dining facilities and a 9000-SF multipurpose gymnasium and auditorium. Since the school operates continuously throughout the year, a 3 phase schedule was developed to ensure a smooth transition into the new facility.
Phase 1 – New 4 story 36,000-SF classroom addition which connects to the existing building at every floor.
Phase 2 – Link and new entrance. This phase of the project included construction of a new entrance and circulation corridor that links all three buildings together.
Phase 3 – Gymnasium and Auditorium Building. The final phase of the project, a 9000-SF multi-purpose gymnasium and auditorium was built and joined the link building and classroom addition.
The Poehler Lofts project in Lawrence Kansas was recognized as the winner of the 5th annual Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits Developments of Distinction Awards by Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits. The Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits offers news, opinions and features about affordable housing, community development and renewable energy tax credit industries.
Award winners and honorable mention
More about the awards
Completed in July 2013, this project was a renovation of the core and common areas of the Graybill Residence Hall at Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa. This is a 5 story building with 4 floors of student dormitory rooms and common restroom facilities. The entire project was completed with a fast paced 8 week schedule which began in late May the day students left for the summer and completed 1 day before they moved back at the end of July. Project scope of work Included:
– Complete replacement of the building’s hot water heating, storage tank system and hot and cold water risers.
– Replacement of common area radiator heat with a modern roof top air-handler system and ductwork. This air handler also provides cooled air to the corridors and restrooms which were previously not air conditioned. For efficiency the heating element of the air handler is fed from the university’s central plant steam loop.
– New electrical service and main switch gear, including a re-built electrical riser to serve each floor.
– Replacement of the wall, ceiling and flooring finishes in all the corridors and common lounges. Lounges were also upgraded with a high-efficiency variable refrigerant volume air conditioning system.
– Complete renovation of the restroom & shower facilities including new wall layout, toilet, shower and sink fixtures, toilet and shower partitions. Finishes included floor-to-ceiling ceramic tile, built-up epoxy flooring and epoxy coating on the ceiling. All finishes were selected to make every surface both durable and easily cleanable.
Recently Completed: SFP Renovation in Leawood, Kansas completed in January 2013 This 9000-SF interior renovation and tenant finish added new executive offices, conference rooms, reception areas and an expanded research facility to SFP’s corporate office in Leawood, Kansas. Rau Construction worked closely with 360 Architects and provided mechanical, electrical and plumbing design-build services in order to deliver this unique and eye-catching project.
Rendering by Jantsch Architects
Located at 37th & Broadway in Kansas City, Missouri, The Chatham Apartments is a 6 story historic building which underwent a complete renovation to meet historic standards. This project was built with the assistance of MHDC housing tax credits and includes all new HVAC, Electrical and plumbing systems, historic windows and plaster details. In addition, the roof contains a solar panel array sufficient to power all common areas of the building – a first in the Kansas City area for a senior housing project of this type.
Completed in July 2012, the renovation of the Poehler Mercantile Building in Lawrence, Kansas includes the complete renovation including new mechanical, electrical, fire protection and life safety systems. All work meets or exceeds the local and federal requirements for historic renovation. A special feature of this building is the 57KW photovoltaic solar array planned for the roof to provide clean energy for the common areas and tenant amenities.
Rau Construction Company is proud to announce that 2 of our recent construction projects, the Chatham Senior Apartments project and the Poehler Lofts, have both been selected as winners of the National Housing & Rehabilitation Association’s 2012 J. Timothy Anderson Awards for Excellence in Historic Rehabilitation. Rau Construction served as the General Contractor and Construction Manager for these exciting projects. Congratulations to both Landmark Investment Group and Rosemann & Associates for this great achievement!
Welcome to our new website! We plan to be posting more pictures ASAP!