In 2012 Rau Construction began work on a three phase 45,000-SFbuilding addition and renovation project for Brookside Day & Charter school. Completed in November 2013, this project added add 14 new classrooms, kitchen and dining facilities and a 9000-SF multipurpose gymnasium and auditorium. Since the school operates continuously throughout the year, a 3 phase schedule was developed to ensure a smooth transition into the new facility.
Phase 1 – New 4 story 36,000-SF classroom addition which connects to the existing building at every floor.
Phase 2 – Link and new entrance. This phase of the project included construction of a new entrance and circulation corridor that links all three buildings together.
Phase 3 – Gymnasium and Auditorium Building. The final phase of the project, a 9000-SF multi-purpose gymnasium and auditorium was built and joined the link building and classroom addition.
Completed in July 2013, this project was a renovation of the core and common areas of the Graybill Residence Hall at Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa. This is a 5 story building with 4 floors of student dormitory rooms and common restroom facilities. The entire project was completed with a fast paced 8 week schedule which began in late May the day students left for the summer and completed 1 day before they moved back at the end of July. Project scope of work Included:
– Complete replacement of the building’s hot water heating, storage tank system and hot and cold water risers.
– Replacement of common area radiator heat with a modern roof top air-handler system and ductwork. This air handler also provides cooled air to the corridors and restrooms which were previously not air conditioned. For efficiency the heating element of the air handler is fed from the university’s central plant steam loop.
– New electrical service and main switch gear, including a re-built electrical riser to serve each floor.
– Replacement of the wall, ceiling and flooring finishes in all the corridors and common lounges. Lounges were also upgraded with a high-efficiency variable refrigerant volume air conditioning system.
– Complete renovation of the restroom & shower facilities including new wall layout, toilet, shower and sink fixtures, toilet and shower partitions. Finishes included floor-to-ceiling ceramic tile, built-up epoxy flooring and epoxy coating on the ceiling. All finishes were selected to make every surface both durable and easily cleanable.
Recently Completed: SFP Renovation in Leawood, Kansas completed in January 2013 This 9000-SF interior renovation and tenant finish added new executive offices, conference rooms, reception areas and an expanded research facility to SFP’s corporate office in Leawood, Kansas. Rau Construction worked closely with 360 Architects and provided mechanical, electrical and plumbing design-build services in order to deliver this unique and eye-catching project.
Located at 37th & Broadway in Kansas City, Missouri, The Chatham Apartments is a 6 story historic building which underwent a complete renovation to meet historic standards. This project was built with the assistance of MHDC housing tax credits and includes all new HVAC, Electrical and plumbing systems, historic windows and plaster details. In addition, the roof contains a solar panel array sufficient to power all common areas of the building – a first in the Kansas City area for a senior housing project of this type.
Completed in July 2012, the renovation of the Poehler Mercantile Building in Lawrence, Kansas includes the complete renovation including new mechanical, electrical, fire protection and life safety systems. All work meets or exceeds the local and federal requirements for historic renovation. A special feature of this building is the 57KW photovoltaic solar array planned for the roof to provide clean energy for the common areas and tenant amenities.