We are proud of our strong connection with the Kansas City community and our identity as a locally owned business. Rau has successfully completed over 3 million square feet of new construction in the Kansas City metro area including numerous landmark building projects for locally owned Kansas City businesses. Rau has been a major participant in the down-town revitalization where we have successfully completed over 30 historic renovation projects in the Crossroads, River Market and Midtown areas. Understanding the business atmosphere of our home town has helped us to deliver projects that are a smooth process for everyone and is the reason for so many of our repeat successes.
- Providing and experienced estimator/project manager responsible for coordination with the owner and design team and the overall development of the construction budget.
- Project planning and site feasibility studies
- Project estimating and budgeting
- Constructability analysis
- Value-engineering estimates
- Integrated project delivery coordination with design team and owner
- Subcontractor / supplier bidding and contracting
- Material availability and supply chain analysis
- Pre-construction trade coordination and clash prevention
- Procurements of building permits
On-site Construction Services
- Providing an experienced superintendant responsible for on-site supervision and daily management of the construction project
- Management and coordination of subcontractors
- On-site Safety planning and implementation
- Job site maintenance and cleaning
- On-site job office
- Construction and maintenance of temporary construction facilities, barriers and weatherproofing.
- We self perform all finish carpentry work
Project Management and administration
- Providing and experienced project manager responsible for overall management of the construction project.
- Holding owner, architect, contractor coordination meetings and managing agendas and meeting notes.
- Providing weekly project progress updates
- Job cost accounting throughout project
- Preparation of applications for payment
- Tracking of changes to the project and change order requests
- Updating the CPM project schedule and providing progress reports
- Shop drawing & submittal processing and review
- Coordination of subcontractors and suppliers
Close-out, commissioning and warranty
- Start-up and fine-tuning of building systems
- Providing as-built plans, operation & maintenance manuals and warranty documentation.
- Scheduling operation and maintenance training meetings with owner maintenance staff
- Procuring final certificates of occupancy
- Performing warranty work, if necessary